Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Holiday Time

We have a few holiday traditions, one we make gingerbread houses and we have a cookie swap.
For the gingerbread houses,  for some strange reason I choose to make my own gingerbread and I have never bought a kit.  This year I finally got my recipe right  and the roof did not fall off during the process of decorating. I have also found that it is useful to have the girls have their own house to decorate, which they love.

For the cookie swap we invite all our friends to bake homemade cookies, and then we swap them. But not before we taste each cookie and vote on the best tasting cookie and the best looking.  Everyone always seems to have a good time and enjoy the time together.



I love having these traditions to do every year with my girls.  Do you have anything that you do every year with your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment