Sunday, November 6, 2011

Diet


This summer I have taken on a new diet.  No Meat.   Almost 4 months and new meat, I feel good, and so far I haven't craved meat at all. What is challenging to me is when I cook for my family which still eats meat.   I have been looking for some good recipes that my whole family would like.  Here are my challenges

First, my husband is a typical meat and potatoes guy. 
Second, my girls are typical kid eaters; they don’t like trying new things.
Third, I am not an adventurous cook. 

When looking for a good cookbook I try to look for one that has pictures, of not just the food but also of some of the more tricky steps. I haven’t found a vegetarian cookbook like that yet.  So I am stepping out of my shell and trying new recipes, from my old cookbooks. I never realized that my most cherished cookbooks have a vegetarian section in them, which excites me.  Every so often I plan to share with you some of my new favorite vegetarian meals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment